Image Map

Nov 29, 2015

Borrowing from the Boys

As much as I love getting all dressed up, there are times (okay, most of the time) wherein I just don't have the energy to go through my clothes and carefully put together an ensemble especially when I have nowhere special to go or if it's an impromptu trip. My ordinary day of going out somewhere random would be sticking my head in the closet and pulling out whatever is available... or clean, and usually I don't really like whatever is available so I proceed to go through my brother's or my boyfriend's clothes and choose a tee or button down.

Case in point:

the bohemian doll
shirt: pilfered from my brother's closet; jeans: American Eagle; shoes: Charles & Keith

What I like most about wearing men's clothing is the laid back comfort it brings and that you can style it in a way that looks effortless yet voguish. My favorite items of clothing to steal borrow from my brother or boyfriend's closet are: button-down shirt, tees, and sweaters/hoodies. On a lazy day, I just wear them with jeans or shorts and I'm good to go. But if I wanted to spruce things up a bit, I would style these items of clothing with a pair of heels and/or an eye-catching item like a colourful purse or a kitschy accessory. 




A word of caution though: As much as possible, make sure that the clothes you are borrowing aren't extremely large in size for you; we don't want to look like we're swimming in our clothes, do we? Trust me, it's never a flattering look. If you find that that is the case with your brother/boyfriend/father's clothes, then you're better off buying your own stuff at the men's section instead. 


No comments: