Image Map

May 20, 2016

Foodie Friday: Simply Pastries by Sidney

It was my husband's birthday last May 12 and I've been ordering his birthday cakes from Simply Pastries by Sidney since last year (which was our first year together). Usually people would just buy a cake from a bakeshop like Red Ribbon or Goldilocks, but I wanted his birthday cake to be a bit more special, and the cakes Sidney Bascon makes look and taste exquisite. 

Last year, I ordered the Jack Daniel's cake for my husband's (then boyfriend) birthday and this year, we opted for the Chocolate Treat cake. 

The Jack Daniel's cake last year was sweet and at the same time, you can definitely taste the Jack Daniel's in it. While we enjoyed that particular cake, we couldn't devour the whole thing immediately (you're probably thinking, who devours a whole cake in a day or two?! Trust me when I say both my husband and I can and do) since this is the type of cake you'd want to have after a scrumptious dinner and/or when you're in the mood for something sweet and alcoholic (which doesn't happen often with us). Thankfully, there was someone in their household (still do not know who up to this day) who was glad to consume practically the rest of the (more than) half-eaten cake. It would have been a pity to see it last for a week in the refrigerator. 

Jack Daniels
Taken from my Instagram account as I forgot to take proper pictures before digging in

With the Chocolate Treat cake, it was all sweets packed with, obviously, various chocolate treats. One of the greatest thing about this is that you have the option to choose which chocolate treats you want your cake to be topped with. We had Snickers, Kitkats, Ferrero, Crunch, and even mini Oreo cookies on my husband's cake and we absolutely loved it! Especially me since I have a massive sweet tooth plus the fact that I have to have my chocolate fix everyday since the 6th month of my pregnancy. Even my brothers-in-law were pretty impressed with the cake and I guess it's safe to say that everybody who had a go at this Chocolate Treat cake enjoyed it. Ugh, just thinking about it makes my mouth water. I'm totally going to grab a chocolate bar in the fridge after this post. 

Chocolate Treat cake


It was also a pleasure ordering cakes from Sidney because she's so pleasant, and the beautiful cakes she makes are worth their prices. I'm actually looking forward to ordering from her again. 

If you're interested in placing an order from Simply Pastries by Sidney, you can view her creations on her Instagram account here and contact her through the following details: 

Simply Pastries by Sidney

No comments: