Image Map

Dec 27, 2016

Beauty Review: Sleek MakeUp i-Divine On the Horizon Palette


sleek makeup

A couple of weeks back, I heard about the 3 new limited edition eyeshadow palettes that Sleek MakeUp was releasing (On the Horizon, Goodnight Sweetheart, and Nordic Skies), and being a fan of Sleek MakeUp and currently being obsessed with experimenting with eye makeup looks, I went ahead and purchased the On the Horizon palette. I initially wanted to purchase two and kept asking about the Goodnight Sweetheart palette, but they were out of stock in the SM Department store I frequently visit which is in Makati. I would get the Nordic Skies too, but I'm still on the fence about that since I'm not totally sure about the shades in that particular palette. 

Now back to the palette that I got. On the Horizon is actually my first choice of palette to get because I've been wanting to experiment with orange-y eyeshadows and the swatches I've seen online were pretty impressive. 

It did not disappoint.

sleek makeup on the horizon

sleek makeup eyeshadow palette 
The color payoff of the shades here are really amazing save for "beech" because that doesn't really show much. It's a very subtle shade that is perfect to use as an eyeshadow base. The "fawn" shade needs to be packed on a lot for it to show on its own, but I personally think that it's better used on top of another eyeshadow (it looks amazing on top of "bonfire"). 

So as you can see, this palette (as with the rest of the Sleek i-Divine palettes) comes with 12 shades; 3 mattes ("beech", "harvest moon", and "willow") and 9 shimmer shades. However, some of the shimmers here look more satin-y than shimmery, and the shade "dawn" which is the deep blue one, leans towards matte more than shimmer, but on the palette it has hints of shimmer on it.  

L-R: pine cone, dew drop, willow, fawn, harvest moon, chestnut, dawn, raindrop, moss, beech, sugar maple, bonfire
 The great thing about this palette is that the eyeshadows are long-wearing. I had this on from around 4pm up till 2:15 am and my eye makeup (all from the i-Divine On the Horizon palette) was still intact, and still very pigmented. I also personally liked the fact that this particular palette came with some mattes just because I find it easier to work with a palette that has both matte and shimmer in it especially when I'm doing reviews or looks on a palette. Application-wise, the shades are build-able and are easy to blend and I haven't noticed any fallouts (which could also be because I tap off the excess from the brush before applying the eyeshadows on my lids). 

the bohemian doll
It doesn't look as pigmented on cam since I'm using the front-facing camera of my Samsung S7
Overall, I really don't have any complaints about this palette except that I only wish they would have put the artwork on the box on the palette as well, but then when you think about it, that might cost more than Php695 already and if that were the case, then I'd take the plain old black Sleek MakeUp i-Divine palette packaging. If I were to rate this product out of 10, I'd say this is an 8. 

I also have a video review of this product on my YouTube channel: 


No comments: