Image Map

Feb 9, 2016

5 Valentine's Day Ideas for the Single Gals

valentines day
photo from: stocksnap.io

Valentine's Day is only a few days away (5 if we're counting) and it is a day people are either excited, worried, or indifferent about. More often than not, those who are single at this time of year feel bitter about this particular holiday and a few, though single, are still excited about it. 

I've been single for most of my life; in fact, I had only started celebrating Valentine's Day with a special someone last year (for the curious, yes, my fiancé is my first boyfriend). However, my being single did not deter me from getting excited about Valentine's Day and from wanting to celebrate. I have to be honest though, there were numerous times wherein I wasn't able to celebrate it as I'd really have liked; nevertheless, Valentine's Day still made me happy. 

So with all that said, I want to offer you, readers, some ideas on how you can still celebrate Valentine's Day or as I used to call it, "Single Awareness Day": 


1. Gather All Your Single Friends and Paint the Town Red 



If you don't feel like spending V-Day by yourself, then call all your single friends up and celebrate with them. You can either go on a nice dinner in town, watch a movie (I'm particularly dying to see the movie, "How to be Single"), and afterwards maybe party in a bar/club. You can even end the night with a sleepover party. 


2. Join A Singles Party or a Speed Dating Event 


This is for those who have not yet given up on the idea that "someday their prince will come" and aren't at all uncomfortable with being the one to seek them out. Who knows? You might meet your next love at one of these events. 

3. Stay In, Stock Up on All Your Favorite Food, and Netflix and Chill... By Yourself 


... Or with your single friends, if you prefer. I used to do this most Valentine's Day simply because I'm a broke ass gal. Although instead of having friends over, I had my dogs (4 of them) and we (or I) would binge watch cheesy, romantic movies on my laptop while stuffing my face with chips and chugging down sipping on alcoholic beverage. I had the best time doing this. Like I said, you can always turn this into a potluck slumber party and gather all your friends up in your house, wearing the prettiest or silliest pjs and watch each of your most favorite romantic movies or whatever movie floats your boat or maybe just catch up with each other while playing card games and sipping on wine. 


4. Host an Anti-Valentine's Day Party 


If you're really not into the whole Valentine's Day thing and actually detest the holiday, you can make like Jessica Biel in the movie "Valentine's Day" and host an Anti-Valentine's Day party yourself complete with a big ass heart piñata you can smash to your heart's content. Aaand here's a site to help you organize that Anti-Valentine's Day party. Enjoy! 

5. Pamper Yourself


Show yourself some love and treat yourself to a spa day! If you want nothing more than to relax this Valentine's Day, then what better way to spend it than at the spa. You have the option of either booking a spa appointment for the day only or even better, go on a spa retreat! 


And if all else fails? You can always sleep the day away. 


No comments: