Image Map

Oct 17, 2016

Beauty Review: NYX Sculpt & Highlight Face Duo


Nowadays it seems like your look isn't complete or "on fleek" if it isn't contoured and highlighted. Everywhere you look (well, on Instagram and YouTube in my case), FOTDs (Face of the Day) are mostly of ladies with on-point brows, chiseled faces, and glowing cheeks all thanks to the plethora of contouring and highlighting tutorials and products available. To be honest, I haven't really jumped on the bandwagon yet. I mean, I already take forever getting ready without having to contour and highlight my face, what more if I do add that to my beauty regimen? I'm probably never getting out of the bathroom!

NYX sculpt & highlight face duo

However, after trying out the NYX Sculpt & Highlight Face Duo, I became a believer. I found the NYX Sculpt & Highlight Face Duo to be beginner-friendly; just make sure you don't apply too much of the darker shade/contour from the get-go like I did the first time I tried this product on (I ended up rejecting the first video review I did because I ended up laughing and looking like a loon). I suggest you dot the contouring or sculpting product along the areas of your face you want to contour and just pack it on if you're not satisfied with the outcome after blending it out.

If you're not sure how to apply this product and you're too lazy to go online and look at tutorials, there is a handy picture guide on the side of the NYX Sculpt & Highlight Face Duo package. Although, I still recommend watching tutorials especially if you want to step up your contouring game.


nyx sculpt and highlight face duo

I used a blending sponge to blend out the products on my face, but I used separate sponges for the sculpting and highlighting products just so I don't make the mistake of blending it all together to the point where my face looks kind of muddy (as it did the first time I tried the NYX Sculpt & Highlight Face Duo). I'm sure you can use a brush as well, but I haven't tried that method yet.

In my opinion, I feel like the NYX Sculpt & Highlight really helped step up my makeup game. Like I said, I've become a believer. But I still won't contour my face every time I need to go out and get ready. My husband is a very patient man, but I doubt he's THAT patient.

I'll probably reserve the contoured look for when I have somewhere special to go.


Here's a video review of the NYX Sculpt & Highlight Face Duo:


No comments: