Image Map

Apr 29, 2016

Foodie Friday: Fat Melts Diner

Last Sunday, my husband and I accompanied my brother to BF ParaƱaque since he needed to go shopping for his upcoming trip to Boracay. We also decided to have a look at the Pergola mall across ruins and my husband happened to have a look at the Fat Melts Diner menu which was conveniently posted outside their restaurant and asked me if I wanted to review it for my Foodie Friday (I appreciate the fact that he totally supports my Foodie Fridays) and I agreed since I've always been curious about the place. Quick confession: I'm a sucker for retro diners like this. 

Fat Melts Diner

Fat Melts Diner

Fat Melts Diner

Foodie Friday

Fat Melts Diner

Lately, I've been having massive cravings for sweets which is strange since I know pregnancy cravings only happen during the first trimester, right? I also appreciate that my husband understands this and does his best to (sometimes even go out of his way to) provide me with all the food I'm craving for. Case in point: he already knew I was going to order the extra thick chocolate milkshake, and he went for the extra thick vanilla one (both at 135Php) 

Fisherman's Catch
I couldn't decide between the Garlic Shrimp Pasta (185Php) and Fisherman's Catch (195Php) so my brother suggested that he'll order the Garlic Shrimp Pasta and I can have the Fisherman's Catch and we could just have a bite of each other's food. I absolutely loved the Garlic Shrimp Pasta and while the Fisherman's Catch was also really good, I felt that the rice was covered in too much butter and it made me feel a little woozy. If you wanna try this dish out, I suggest accompanying it with soda so you don't get too lightheaded from all the butter. The chocolate milkshake helped too :) 

Garlic Shrimp Pasta

Bacon Cheeseburger
My husband had the Bacon Cheeseburger (165Php) which, of course, I didn't try out since I don't eat pork nor beef, but I did eat some of his fries which was obviously (it's fries!) really good. At first, when our orders haven't been served yet (by the way, they kind of took a long time to serve our food, we noticed), I was already planning on sharing a banana split (175Php) with either my husband or my brother and maybe add a basket of fries (Potato Basket at 160Php) for good measure, but it turned out that what we ordered were already enough for us. My husband loved the food so much and said the prices were affordable and totally worth it. I think so too. 

Murashopph Clothing
Wearing: dress from Murashopph Clothing, sandals from Cheska, thrifted (I think) bag

No comments: