Image Map

Apr 11, 2016

Maternity Fashion Featuring "Buntis" from Landmark

Back when I wasn't pregnant yet, I have always pictured myself looking fab when the time comes for me to carry my own little bun in the oven. I really wanted to wear dresses ALL. THE. TIME. 

And now here I am, 6 months pregnant with my first baby and I'm left thinking, "what the hell is happening? Where are all the dresses I dreamt of wearing?!" Okay, so a quick fact about me: I am very stingy when it comes to buying clothes for myself. I'm the type who would rather spend time browsing the racks of thrift stores than pay full price for a top or a dress. I find 500 Php to be way too much to spend on t-shirt or a fast fashion top. Heck, even when these clothes are already on sale at 300 Php, I still have a hard time parting with my money. BUT. Hehe, there's always that "But"; when it comes to shoes, bags, makeup AND food, my motto seems to be: "money is no object." I really can't explain why except that these things (with maybe the exception of food) are enough to enhance even the most basic outfits and I'd rather really spend on those instead. 

ANYWAY, as you can probably tell by now, I was left with no decent clothes that would accommodate my growing belly and even my fiancĂ©'s mom (to her horror, I assume) noticed that I was still wearing my denim shorts at almost 5 months pregnant. Hence, the dresses she got for me from Landmark. I am so grateful to her because I really didn't expect her (or my fiancĂ© for that matter) to buy me maternity clothes. I just figured I'd get around to buying a few when I'm starting to really (I mean, REALLY) feel the need to. 

And since I ALWAYS forget to do OOTDs when I go out, I decided to just do sort of a try on post of the 3 dresses from the label "Buntis" from Landmark instead (btw, if I have readers who do not speak Tagalog, buntis means pregnant in English). 


landmark

landmark

landmark

One other thing that I found to be a pleasant surprise was that, I actually love the design and fit of these dresses. I probably wouldn't even give these dresses a second thought if it had been me browsing through the racks of Landmark. Huh, goes to show how prejudiced I am. But yeah, this made me realize that I really should give clothes a chance and definitely, definitely try them on! Another quick fact about me: I HATE trying on clothes when shopping. 

Hopefully, I can suppress the urge to buy more makeup and instead buy a few more maternity clothes :) 

No comments: