Image Map

Jun 3, 2016

Foodie Friday: Countryside Steakhouse

A few weeks ago, my husband had to run an errand somewhere in Cavite, and since it was after work and I was with him at that time (hanging out in his bedroom at his family's house), I tagged along so we can go straight home afterwards. It was also around dinner time therefore we decided to have dinner somewhere near. 

We've been to the same branch of Countryside Steakhouse before (Riverside, Kawit Cavite) and opted to have dinner there again. It's a chill place with a lot of cowboy memorabilia/decorations around. 

countryside steakhouse

riverside countryside steakhouse

countryside steakhouse

foodie friday

I forgot that I had sizzling tuna on our last visit so the thought of trying a different dish did not occur to me. I've been feeling a bit tired of chicken and decided that the best option for me on the seafood/fish category would be the sizzling tuna. It was only after I was halfway through my meal did I remember that I should've gone for a different dish. 

foodie friday

Oh well. The sizzling tuna (a serving that's already good for two persons) was nothing spectacular. It was good, but had a bit of a sour taste to it and chewing the tuna chunks sort of made my teeth feel a bit sensitive (I don't know why). It's kind of sad that they didn't have regular soy sauce so I could have had the option of drizzling a bit on my sizzling tuna. They only had the steak sauce. 

countryside steakhouse

Speaking of steak sauce, my husband opted for steak which I forgot the name of (I'm truly sorry), but perhaps steak lovers out there can identify? (edit 6/5/16: according to my husband, this is the Porterhouse Steak) 

countryside steakhouse

I asked him how it was and he said it was good, but like my sizzling tuna, nothing spectacular. I got a bit of gravy sauce that was swimming around his steak and I really liked it with my tuna (I guess I have a really weird tastebud sometimes). 

Would we go here again for a meal? Yes, if we're around the area, but next time, I'm definitely ordering something else. 

By the way, when we were here, we were seated underneath their aircon and since I was the one seated directly underneath it, I could feel the water leaking from the aircon and it was not a nice experience. It felt like it was drizzling inside the restaurant. 

I did have a Nutella Milk Tea from Prosperitea next door after our meal so I was mollified. 

No comments: