Image Map

Jun 29, 2016

Beauty Review: Milani Conceal + Perfect 2-in-1 Foundation


Wow, that title is a mouthful! I have been dying to get my hands on the Milani Conceal + Perfect foundation and- if we're being totally open/honest- I may or may not have pestered some sellers of this particular product. I even went to the far end of the north (okay, Trinoma) when I'm from the south just for this (alas! they weren't in stock the day I went; such is my luck, people). 

Finally, I got in contact with StuffinStyle and luckily they have the shade (I thought) I wanted and I'm happy to say that the transaction was very fast. 

So on to my review. 

I like that the Milani Conceal + Perfect 2-in-1 foundation came in a glass bottle with a pump for a more convenient way of depositing the product onto your hand or wherever you put foundation before applying it on your face. Needless to say, the packaging looks quite classy. 

milani conceal + perfect foundation

The only trouble I had with purchasing this product online is that I can't do a sample swatch before buying just to make sure I am getting the right shade, therefore I ended up getting a shade that's a tad darker than my natural skin tone. I had nothing much to worry about though since everything turned out alright. After applying the Milani Conceal + Perfect 2-in-1 Foundation + Concealer, I saw that it wasn't all that different from my skin tone (though I'm still getting a shade lighter on my next purchase). 

Milani cosmetics

Overall, I think that the Milani Conceal + Perfect 2-in 1 Foundation + Concealer really work both ways (as a foundation and concealer). I am very satisfied with the coverage it gives as a foundation (it's medium to full coverage) and as a concealer, I also give it a thumbs up.  It doesn't give you full coverage on the under-eye area (at least for those like me with really dark circles), but it covers up enough (it just makes your under-eye circles much less visible and attention-grabbing). It's actually perfect for when you don't want to pile on too much makeup and/or if you're going for the no-makeup makeup look; just apply it all over your face, groom your eyebrows, swipe on some lip tint and you're good to go!

However, for women like me who have really dark under-eye circles, you may want to apply your favorite concealer on top of this product if you're going somewhere fancy like a date or a special event. 

The product is long-lasting and I've tried washing it off with water (after doing a swatch on my wrist) and it didn't wear off which amazed me. You can take this along when you go swimming! lol! As long as you don't scrub it off under water, you're golden. 

The only drawback to the Milani Conceal + Perfect 2-in-1 Foundation + Concealer is that it tends to make your face quite oily after some time so it's understandable how most people would discourage those with oily skin from using this. But if it's not a deal breaker for you to keep re-touching your face with powder or even blotting your face with blotting paper every now and then, I'm not stopping you. Use this product to your heart's desire. I know I will. 

Watch my (in-depth) review of the product on my YouTube channel! 



No comments: